QIIB AGM held on 3/04/2017 has approved all agenda items which are as the follow:
- The Board of Directors presented to the bank shareholders its report over the bank's activities and the financial position for the year ended 31/12/2016 which includes the bank's strategy, the AGM approved.
- External auditors' presented their report on the bank's financial statements for the year ended 31/12/2016.
- Sharia Supervisory Board presented their report for the year 2016.
- Approval of the bank Governance report for the year ended 31/12/2016.
- Approval of the bank financial statements for the year ended 31/12/2016.
- The General Assembly approved the Board of Director's recommendations to pay 40% of the bank capital as cash dividends, equivalent to QR 4.0 per share.
- The General Assembly agreed to discharge the Chairman and Members of Board of Directors from all responsibilities for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2016 and approved the board remuneration for year ended 2016
- The General Assembly agreed extend of its approval to establish an Sukuk programme up to USD 2.0 billion(which it's already approve in 2013 AGM) and delegate the bank board of directors' to decide the size of each issuance ,terms and conditions, issuance currency after getting all necessary approvals from supervisory authorities.
- The General Assembly approved the extension of its approval to issue Additional Tier1 Sukuk nonconvertible into an ordinary shares up to QR 3.0 billion, and delegate the bank board of directors' to decide the size of each issuance ,terms and conditions, issuance currency after getting all necessary approvals from supervisory authorities .
- Appointment of Ernst & Young as External Auditors for year 2017.
- Election of the Sharia Board for a period of three following years as follows :
- /Dr. Walid Bin Hady
- /Dr. Abdulsattar Abu Goda
- /Dr. Ahmad Ahmin
- Election of the new Board of Directors for a period of three following years.
The new Board of Directors held a meeting later which elected HE Sheikh Dr. Khaled Abdullah Bin Thani Al Thani as Chairman and Managing Director, HE Sheikh Abdullah Bin Thani Abdullah Al Thani elected as Vice- Chairman.