The Board of Directors of the Qatar International Islamic Bank is pleased to invite all shareholders to attend General Assembly Meeting, to be held at 4:30 pm on Monday 3/04/2017 at The third Entranced in Ezdan Towers, in western Gulf, The alternative date (second meeting) in case of a lack of quorum shall be on Monday, 10/4/2017 at 4:30 pm in the same place to discuss the agenda set out below:
The General Assembly agenda for the financial year 2016:
- Board of Directors report of the bank activities and the financial results for the financial year ended on 31/12/2016, discuss and approve its future plan.
- External auditor’s report on the financial statements for the year ended 31/12/2016.
- Sharia Supervisory Board report for the year ended 31/12/2016.
- Governance report for the year ended 31/12/2016 and approve it.
- Discussion and approval of the Bank’s balance sheet and profit and loss for the year ended 31/12/2016.
- Consider the recommendation of the Board of Directors to distribute cash dividends a 40 % of capital (by QR 4 per share).and approve it.
- Discharge the Board members from liability for the year 2016 and approve the remuneration prescribed to them
- Extension of its approval to issue Additional Tier1 Sukuk nonconvertible into an ordinary shares up to QR 3.0 billion( QR 1.0 billion issued during 2016) over three years, and delegate the bank board of directors' to decide the size of each issuance ,terms and conditions, issuance currency after getting all necessary approvals from supervisory authorities.
- Extension of its approval to establish an Sukuk programme up to USD 2.0 billion(which it's already approve in 2013 AGM) and delegate the bank board of directors' to decide the size of each issuance ,terms and conditions, issuance currency after getting all necessary approvals from supervisory authorities.
- Appointment of External Auditors for year 2017 and their fees.
- Election of the Sharia Board for a period of three following years
- Election of the Board of Directors for a period of three following years
We seek kind attention of the shareholders to the following:
- Registration of the attendance shall begin one hour before the meeting, Kindly obligation by attendees at the deadline to allow a regular AGM its time.
- Each shareholder has the right to attend on his behalf and on behalf of others (non-board members) required for the safety of the repentance to be of the shareholders and approved by the bank’s power of attorney forms or a formal power of attorney and it may not increase the percentage owned by the shareholder as such more than 5 % of the company shares.
- Quorum for the AGM in the presence of 50% of the number of shares of the company at the first meeting and in the absence of quorum the second meeting shall be convened on March 10, 2017 at 4.30 PM same place.
- This invitation is considered legally declared to all shareholders without the need to send invitations by mail.
- The shareholders in a week before the convening of the General Assembly there is disclosed that includes items provided in article 22 of the Commercial Companies Law No. 11 of 2015.
For more info please click here